Thursday, January 19, 2012

To get to where I want to go, I have to start somewhere

Beginning NOW!

I find myself always waiting for the perfect moment to start anything, as if this perfect moment can happen on its own. I know it doesn't, at least not without a little help. My help. I know I can make a moment "perfect" by changing the way I see it- in the same way I choose to make being stuck in traffic less dreadful by tuning in to my favorite song and starting a mini jam session. So now I choose to see right now as the most perfect moment, for this, for anything.

I was asked by a wonderful person to start a blog about my journey "Between Two Worlds," and while I'm not quite ready to explain what this journey entails just yet, I decided to start it NOW despite my fear, yes fear, of being judged by what I have to say (although that hasn't really happened to me before, that I'm aware of), despite not liking the layout of this blog (because the perfectionist in me does not want me to go "live" without checking thousands of other blogs in order to see what works and what doesn't), despite not feeling ready. The true to the matter is I will always find excuses not to start, I will always feel "not ready," and I can't let that limit me anymore.

So here it is, my first post. After this first step, the next ones I'm sure will be a little less intimidating, specially when all things considered what the blog looks like is not really that important, the message is, right?

Cheers! And Haribol to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment