Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Technology, my friend / Mi amiga la tecnologia

Finally I´ve gotten a hold of a laptop and I want to share and post as much as possible. In order to do this I must go back to the beginnning.


As some of you know, I left for my journey on June 26th at 7pm, and arrived in Berlin the next day at 2pm. It sounds like a whole lot of hours traveling but thanks to time differences my time in the air was only 9 hours. Which was no so bad. I slept a bit, and was even able to get some vegetarian food on the plane (cheese lasagna) which was a pleasant surprise (when I traveled to Costa Rica this past Spring break my choices were chicken or beef).


So far I have spent my time in Berlin, Sweden, and Mallorca. Berlin has become a sort of home base because I always return to Berlin, and because the people that live there already feel like family. I haven't left Berlin yet and I already feel like I will miss this place, a lot.


Two things about technology I have realized: I need the comfort of using my own laptop, and I need a tripod (I was surprised to find out that after a few weeks of intense camera work, my hands are exhausted, especially my right hand, that or I'm getting old).


On a side note: typing on a German keyboard (or European keyboard of any kind) is more challenging and a bit more annoying than I had thought. There are minor differences between the American and the European keyboards that are not as noticeable. A few things are out of place like the question mark or the apostrophe, but having the Y and the Z switched up slows me down quite a bit.







No comments:

Post a Comment