Monday, June 18, 2012

How to get a Visa for India / Cómo solicitar una visa para la India

To obtain a Visa for India I contacted Travisa, a company which deals with the Indian Consulate in the United States. I requested a 10-year multiple entry visa, and besides filling up two basic forms, and obtaining two passport pictures this was not a difficult process. Except I made a minor mistake, and this delayed the process by a few days (instead of "multiple" entries, I selected "single" entry). Travisa's website is pretty clear and the steps are easy to follow. They are very clear about their fees as well.

Para obtener mi visa para la India use los servicios de la companía Travisa. Aunque creo que es importante mencionar que los requisitos exigidos en la página web son para ciudadanos de los Estados Unidos, por lo tanto ciudadanos de otros países deberán verficar con el Consulado de la India en su país. Yo solicité una visa por 10 años con entradas multiples. Sólo tuve que llenar dos formularios sencillos y sacar dos fotos tamaño pasaporte.


Because I'm leaving for Europe in a few days, I had to request the rush service (Fast Track Premium Service). This service allows me to see exactly where is my passport and to track the status of my application. According to their tracking the process should be finished tomorrow, and then they should be mailing me my passport and my brand new India Visa! Fingers crossed it gets to my hands before the 26th of this month, which is when I depart to Berlin, Germany!

Ya que viajo para Europa en unos días tuve que pedir que apuraran un poco el proceso. Realmente espero que mi pasaporte y mi visa lleguen a mis manos antes del 26 de junio, que es cuando parto para Berlin, Alemania. Dedos cruzados hasta entonces! 


3 comments:

  1. i'm so excited for you! congratulations on finishing AC. have a great trip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my love! I'm exciting to follow your Jamaican adventures as well! :)

      Delete
  2. Great post, and great website. Thanks for the information!Indiese-toeristevisum

    ReplyDelete